Okay back in the day (what like a year ago) I loved taking weekend trips. I would travel across the state on a regular basis. Choctaw, Okemah, Stillwater, Tulsa and anywhere road trip yes I am in. Driving never, ever really bothered me.
Enter husband, traveling still fun a little more work if I want to leave because let's face it I packed for both of us or someone wouldn't have socks or underwear (makes me wonder about all the trips he made to Stillwater).
Enter infant, packing now takes a hour and a half, I kid you not. This is with me furiously trying to pack and taking off early. Also I don't always pack as much when we go to my 'rents because I have stuff we use of theirs. Mind you I am taking care of the baby half the time, poor hubs is exhausted from work but seriously?!
This is my process. (Yes I have a process because in the last month we have been to Mammaw & Pappaw's every weekend.)
First-I mentally make a list of everything we need for the weekend. [clothes, diapers, stroller, camera, diaper bag, breast pump, breast milk, baby swing-we have given up on the bassinet]
Second-I gather all the Mommy & Daddy stuff and pack their bag.
Third-I gather all the Little Man stuff and pack his bag [includes clothes, burp rags (optional), blankets, carrier, cloth diapers, doublers]
Fourth-I pack the diaper bag.
Fifth-I pack the breast pump, milk, bottles and all parts. [half the time I have to pack them dirty if we are going to my Mom's because I am in a hurry and thus can wash them at her house]
Sixth-I pack my purse, our camera(s), any video games/ipods we want.
Seventh-I gather all items going on the trip and set next to back door so I can double check I have everything.
Eight-I prepare the car [usually have to clean a little] and load all the stuff (a feat in and of itself as we both have smaller cars and a ton of stuff and that is without the jogging stroller.)
Nine-Everyone gets in the car and we go as Mom is covered in sweat and exhausted.

No comments:
Post a Comment